If you ask any fashion designer or stylist, they will all tell you that accessories are very important, particularly on the day of your wedding. You are in the perfect place if you have already committed to your bridal attire but are undecided about what else to wear with it.
Wedding accessories can be overlooked because there are so many things to acquire and plan for your big day. Take this checklist through to make sure you have everything you need for your wedding accessories.
See also: 20 Best Do It Yourself DIY Wedding Hairstyles
Bride’s Wedding Accessories
The wedding dress is the one thing that absolutely must be at the top of the list for any bride who is going shopping, but what else will you need to complete your bridal look?
- Wedding ring– It doesn’t matter what the ring bearer, maid of honor, or officiant is doing, make sure you know where your future husband’s ring is!
- Hair accessories to match your outfits such as a veil or a headpiece. It’s up to you whether you go with a standard bridal veil or something a little more unconventional. Consider what will look best with your gown. If you forget to bring it, it doesn’t matter how nicely it matches the dress!
- The perfect pair of wedding shoes
- A clutch/bag for your wedding day necessities
- Shapewear (such as a body shaper or slimmer, a control thong, a bra, a bustier, or a slip)
- Jewelry is worn during weddings to add an extra touch of shine.
- In the event that it turns cool, you should bring a coat, a shrug, or a cardigan to wear over your shoulders.
- Bridal lingerie that enhances your confidence and makes you feel sexy on your big day
- Bridal garter– You can select a wedding garter that best suits your personality. You can either select a modest white one to adhere to tradition or a seductive one that would appear wonderful in pictures.
- The bridal gloves-Any wedding-day ensemble looks beautiful when accessorized with bridal gloves.
Groom’s Wedding Accessories
When it comes to the wedding, the groom’s accessories are a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to really dress up and look his finest.
- Wedding ring– Whatever the groom’s style, there is likely to be a ring that shows off his distinctive personality.
- A wristwatch to keep him on track so that he can arrive on time for the ceremony.
- A small handkerchief to wipe the happy tears away from your eyes.
- Pocket Square– Folded and tucked inside the breast pocket of a suit, jacket, tuxedo, or blazer is a common way to wear accessories that resemble handkerchiefs.
- Cufflinks to give his attire that little something exceptional.
- A buttonhole that is coordinated with the bouquet of the bride.
- A vest or girdle, just in case you need it.
- A tie, cravat, or bow tie that is appropriate for the time of day.
- A hat and gloves are required for a wedding of extremely high formality.
- Belt- Your formal clothing will be more interesting with a variety of stylish colored belts!
- Socks– One of the groomsmen’s accessories that can be hyped up with some personality is a unique pair of socks.
The Accessories Used In The Wedding Ceremony
The ceremony is sometimes overlooked when it comes to accessories and decorations, but with a little effort and a few strategically placed accessories, you can make your ceremony even more memorable.
- Flower girl basket-As she spreads rose petals down the aisle, your flower girl can carry a flower basket that matches your wedding’s style and color scheme. Use lovely floral baskets to highlight the bride’s special place in the ceremony.
- You and your guests can create a memorable event with the use of confetti, bubbles, wedding sparklers, and wedding poppers. Sparklers or wedding poppers can be released by guests when they see the couple leave the wedding ceremony.
- Wedding Candles– The burning of the wedding candle symbolizes the union of two people in their new union. Personalized unity candles, rustic unity candles, poetry unity candles, and wedding tapers are all options.
- Wedding Programs-These elevated wedding program accessories are guaranteed to impress your guests.
- Wedding aisle runners– Ideal for both indoor and outdoor wedding ceremonies. They offer visual flair and protect your bridal gown at the same time. The aisle should be adorned with flower petals. Place the petals on each side of the aisle runner or around the area where you and your partner will stand to create a romantic atmosphere.
The Accessories Used In the Wedding Reception
Everything about your wedding day should be perfect, even down to the tiniest, most minute detail. In spite of your concentration on the larger picture, there are a few wedding reception accessories that you cannot overlook. Here is a list to help you along the way.
- Welcome sign– If you’re changing locations after the ceremony, this will help your guests locate the party’s entrance.
- A seating chart, escort cards, and place names can help your guests locate their seats.
- Wedding guest books & Pens-Wedding guest books & pens are must-have accessories for the big day! The thoughts and signatures of your wedding guests are preserved in a wedding guest book. It also serves as a memento of the event, containing information such as the date, location, names of the bride and groom’s party, and more.
- Cake boxes, a knife, and a stand for cutting the wedding cake. Make sure that you don’t overlook the importance of these extras while planning your dessert table. These seemingly insignificant accessories will make a big impression on your wedding photos.
- Wedding toasting glass– As a reminder of your special day, the glasses can be used to greet each other on future occasions.
- Disposable Cameras– Make use of these disposable cameras at your reception to capture some wonderful images from your guests.
- Wedding napkins– It’s a simple way to add a personal touch to your reception with Wedding Napkins. Choose from a monogram or a single initial to add a personal touch. Also, be sure to coordinate with your chosen color scheme or theme!
- Table accessories-Table linens, candles, and serviette ring complete the look.
- A wishing well for paper presents, such as envelopes.
Wedding Accessories FAQs
Do you wear your engagement ring on your wedding day?
As is traditional, the wedding band is worn first on the finger because it is the most sentimental piece. Some brides briefly switch their engagement ring to their right hand in order to make sure it’s in the right place. After the wedding, the couple swaps rings, placing the engagement ring on the newlyweds’ left index finger.
Which leg do you wear a bridal garter on?
Garters can be worn on any leg, therefore it doesn’t matter which one you choose. You can wear it either way, depending on which leg you like. The hemline might be modest or high.
What do you do with the garter after the wedding?
After the wedding, many brides like to keep their garter as a keepsake. It is a memento from your wedding day. You should politely inquire whether the bride would like her garter back if you happen to catch it accidentally. As a courtesy to the bride, hand over the garter to one of her bridal party members.
Why do brides cover their faces with a veil?
The veil eventually came to stand for submission and modesty. Women covering their heads is regarded in many religions as a sign of respect. The white veil became popular when white bridal gowns were worn to denote purity.
What does a bride need for her outfit?
Dressing for the big day will necessitate some sort of getting-ready apparel like a bridal robe or pajamas, as well as a pair of soft slippers. If you want to keep your dress and shoes safe, you’ll need an additional garment bag and dust bag.
If you’re planning a wedding, it’s easy to overlook minor details like wedding accessories. It’s the tiny touches that make a wedding genuinely distinctive and memorable. Your wedding day can (and should) be exhilarating, but it can also be quite stressful. One of the biggest issues is that there are so many items to keep track of. The easiest method to ensure that you don’t forget anything is to seek the help of your best man, maid of honor, or wedding planner. However, this checklist of wedding day accessories might just be the thing that saves the day.
Image via: thewhitefiles / geliqueonline / handwayluxury / lutik_flowers / emmylondonofficial / sashandbustle / lagartier / sashandbustle / sophiatolli / roche_dress / themillnj / hazelwoodpaperco / chaangkat / fetchedaccessories_ie / radiana_accessories / eternalbridal / edem.official / lacebridalcouture / bridal_veil_headpieces / ottawa_wedding_vendors / ja__design.1 / blairnadeaubridal / kassidyilaynestudios / diafora_weddingaccessories / narrationsldn / underwear_missfashion / amorecoro / wed_planet / neverknewineededshop / londoncorsetcompany / otsanazforest / _the_jr_photography_ / liezl_photography / bsherrienola / limelight_photography_nj /lilyofthevalley_weddings / sierraellisphotography / preoccupiedbride / alliance_revee / thomasbirdshoes / kochloafers / juniorpena_films / groom_shoes / batazworld / bethelannphotography / siobhanstantonphotography / gothchic_accessories / edgeonly / kolibri.adijumi /bloomingromance1 /theembroiderednapkincompany / proweddinginvite / Ivory & Beau