One of the most memorable aspects of your dream wedding is the flowers, and your bouquet is a key part of those flowers. All of the wedding flowers, from the bridal bouquet to the ones carried by the bridesmaids, are sure to end up in a photo or two. We have seen that the wedding flowers usually end up costing more than you expected. This can be stressful since you don’t want to give up the wedding you’ve been dreaming of!
DIY wedding bouquet and flower projects are a great way to save money while still maintaining a stunning look for the big day. You won’t be paying for the labor and expertise of a wedding florist, so you’ll be able to save a lot of money. In this article, we present you with some of the best information on How to DIY a wedding bouquet on a budget.
In the absence of a bouquet, a bride is not a bride. It is time to pick out a gorgeous bouquet, as this is an essential part of any wedding. Check out these beautiful Winter Wedding Bouquets.Emma Loves Weddings
One of the best ways for couples to spend quality time together while planning their wedding and save money is by making their own DIY wedding bouquets.Emma Loves Weddings
Is DIY Wedding Bouquet Difficult?
Don't worry if you don't have a lot of experience in floral design, because you don't need to be a florist to make a gorgeous DIY bridal bouquet. You just have to have a specific vision of what you want your bouquet and wedding day to look like! Additionally, you can use a lot of resources to your advantage! You can still make a beautiful wedding bouquet by following the information provided in this article.
Are you interested in seeing the entire procedure for making a DIY wedding bouquet? In this video, how to Make a Wedding Bouquet is explained.
How to Make DIY Wedding Bouquet?
You can DIY your wedding bouquet with many different types of flowers. Whether you’re using fresh, artificial, dried, or wood flowers, you’ll be able to create a bouquet that perfectly matches your wedding theme. Putting the flowers together in an aesthetically pleasing arrangement really won’t be too hard. The tricky part can come when you’re trying to get the bouquet secured so that all the flowers will stay in place. So, we’ve compiled a few lists of supplies with steps to help you make your DIY wedding bouquet making process an enjoyable moment.
First, you’ll need to gather the necessary supplies to create your wedding flower arrangement. Make sure to buy the best floral options that match your wedding aesthetic and fit within your budget. Then, the bouquet-making process will begin as you start putting your flowers together into a dreamy arrangement.
We have added a few helpful DIY bouquet tutorials videos for you to watch everything in action!
Soon, you’ll put the beautiful finishing touches on your lovely wedding bouquet. As you walk down the aisle, that bridal bouquet will be even more special since you made it yourself!
Keep in mind, if you’re using fresh flowers, you should be creating your DIY wedding bouquet the day or night before your wedding because your flowers might wilt or die if you’re preparing them too far in advance. Once you’re done, store them in the fridge in a vase with plenty of water. This will ensure that your flowers stay fresh for your big day. However, it can be a good idea to make a test bouquet beforehand, so you’re not feeling too stressed the day before your wedding. And don’t be afraid to ask your bridesmaids for help!
If you don’t want to worry about keeping fresh flowers alive and blooming for your big day, try using artificial flowers like silk, wood, or dried flowers. Any of these options will be more affordable than fresh flowers, especially considering that they’ll last through multiple wedding event days. Any of these artificial flower options will be easy to use when making a customized DIY wedding bouquet.
- Silk flowers are made from fabric and plastic to imitate the look of real flowers. The most realistic silk flowers can be a little more expensive, but they will look very realistic and last for years to come.
- Wood flowers are environmentally friendly and made from natural wood materials. Professional floral stylists shape them into gorgeous flowers to create unique arrangements. Wood flowers are cost-effective and customizable as they can be dyed to match any color and will look vibrant and beautiful over time.
- Dried flowers have become especially trendy over the past few years as they have a neutral, desert vibe that many brides love. However, dried flowers don’t always have the volume and impact that you’re looking for. You can pair them with some wood flowers for a full, nature-inspired look that will be totally social media-worthy.
Essential Supplies To Make DIY Wedding Bouquet
- Focal Flowers: Focal flowers are going to be the largest flowers in your bouquet. Whether they are peonies, roses, dahlias, or poppies, they’ll fill your bouquet with volume and drama. These flowers generally embody the main wedding colors that you want to shine in your wedding bouquet.
- Complementary Flowers: Complementary flowers will be medium-sized or small-sized flowers in colors that complement the focal flowers. This adds a great variety of sizes, textures, and colors to your bouquet that will make it look stunning and professional. These could even be smaller versions of the focal flowers you’ve already included.
- Floral Filler: Once you have all of your main flowers, it is time to add floral fillers. Floral fillers are generally small, delicate flowers that will add a unique height and texture to your bouquet. It can also be used to fill in gaps between flowers. Baby’s breath and wax flowers are great examples of popular floral fillers. Scatter your floral filler throughout your arrangement for a whimsical, romantic look.
- Greenery: Your arrangement isn’t complete until you’ve added some greenery! There are many different types of greenery that can take your bouquet to the next level. From eucalyptus to leather fern to dusty miller to ivy, there are countless options to choose from. Add smaller pieces of greenery throughout your bouquet and frame the entire arrangement with larger pieces for a professional look.
- Finishing Touches: Once you have all the pieces of your bouquet in the right spot, secure their stems together with some floral wire or floral tape. Then, give your bouquet the perfect finishing touch. You can cover the stems with twine, add some draping silk ribbons, or even tie up the bouquet with some lace.
- Floral Supplies: As you’re putting your bouquet together, certain floral supplies will be very helpful. You’ll want to have floral wire, floral tape, and hot glue handy. These supplies will help you to keep all of your floral pieces in the right place. You might also want to stock up on some floral wire or bamboo stems if you’re buying flowers that aren’t stemmed already. If you’re making another type of floral arrangement that isn’t going to be handheld, you might also want to have a vase or container along with some chicken wire or floral foam to secure the flowers in place.
- Congratulate Yourself, and Have Fun: Enjoy the lovely DIY wedding bouquet you made.
DIY Wedding Bouquet Instruction Video
How To Make a DIY Boutonniere
Making your own boutonnieres and corsages is a great DIY project for crafty people or a method to save money on the big day. It's not hard at all, and your wedding party will stand out with a one-of-a-kind look. Simply stick to these brief guidelines, and then let your imagination go wild. We explain How To Make a Boutonniere in this video.
Where to Find the Best Floral Supplies?
When you’re working on your DIY flower arrangements, your floral supplies will be priced differently depending on your budget and fashion style. Luckily, we’ve researched different floral companies, so you don’t have to! Here are a few comparisons between different price points for a few different types of wedding flowers.
*Keep in mind that when you buy fresh flowers, you should only be doing so a few days before the wedding, so the flowers aren’t wilting or falling apart on your wedding day.
Wedding Bouquets Pricing
- Oh You’re Lovely offers a bridal bouquet kit made of handmade wood flowers and artificial greenery. Their kit is currently sold for 59.99 (normally priced at $79.99), with additional greenery and floral add-ons available at extra cost.
- Sola Wood Flowers offers a customizable large bridal bouquet made of gorgeous wood flowers and preserved greenery at a discounted price of $37.90 (Normally valued at $94.75).
- Bouqs Co offers DIY wedding bouquets made of fresh flowers priced around $100-$130.
Wedding Corsages Pricing
You might give your bridesmaids corsages instead of flowers if you want to be creative.
- Oh You’re Lovely doesn’t offer corsages but does offer smaller bridesmaid bouquets made of wood flowers and artificial greenery priced at $55.99.
- Sola Wood Flowers offers a set of 3 customizable corsages made of wood flowers and preserved greenery for a discounted price of $17.50 (Normally valued at $43.75).
- Bouqs Co offers single, fresh flower corsages priced between $18-$30.
Wedding Boutonnieres Pricing
- Oh You’re Lovely offers a Mix of 3 sola wood flowers in cream/natural coloring boutonniere kit currently priced at $9.74 (normally valuedd at $12.99). Add-on Collection of filler, greenery, and flowers at extra cost.
- Sola Wood Flowers offers a set of 3 customizable boutonnieres made of wood flowers and preserved greenery for a discounted price of $17.50 (Normally valued at $43.73).
- Bouqs Co offers single, fresh flower boutonnieres priced between $12-$25.
Get Professional Help
Don't give up if you've been studying DIY bouquet tutorials and still feel lost. You can get help with your DIY wedding bouquet by having floral design experts such as Sola Wood Flowers build it for you. This is a great option if you’re not super DIY project-friendly. We found that Sola Wood Flowers' wedding kits are competitively priced and a good value. Their DIY wedding flowers are customized to your needs and shipped right to your door.
You don't have to spend a fortune on floral arrangements for your wedding to have them look like they were made by a professional florist. DIY projects like wedding bouquets are a great way to get professional-looking wedding flowers that match your wedding colors and style. You can always reuse them at the reception as table centrepieces or a backdrop decor element.
We sincerely hope that you have enjoyed reading this guide on how to make a DIY wedding bouquet on a budget and are now prepared for the big day! Why not create your own bouquet of flowers to give as a gift if you are a guest? We wish everyone attending the wedding a wonderful day!